Lazzaro Rossi | Patriots Freedom
I knew it was coming, but I still wasn’t psychologically ready for the onslaught of executive orders signed by President Biden on his first day at work in the Oval Office.
- Near the top of his list: Racial Equity. Sounds great, doesn’t it? You would think that I—an immigrant from Italy—would be thrilled with such a term. But I’m not. I know what “racial equity” really means. . .more racism. More focus on race. More division between people groups. “Racial equity” is a quasi-Marxist critical theory that will be our undoing, if we’re not careful. It slices up society into identity groups based on their race, gender, sexual proclivities, and so on. Frankly, I certainly don’t see it bringing people together or making life better for anyone. I’m worried this order will force churches and other religious institutions into “equitable” hiring of people whose lifestyles fly in the face of what those churches believe.
- Another executive order Biden couldn’t wait to get his hands on: stopping the construction of Trump’s “big, beautiful” border wall. As a Texan, I’m already cringing because I know what this means.
- And then there’s that order to Cancel Trump’s 1776 Commission (which promotes American founding values). Why?
- And an order to rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement. Ugh.
- Another one to do away with the travel ban President Trump implemented to protect us from terrorism. Awesome.
Biden’s other actions include:
- Reengaging the WHO (World Health Organization), which Trump quit after the whole China-virus fiasco.
- Orders to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including a mask mandate for all federal properties. For how long? Who knows.
- Another order will direct the federal government to review all regulatory actions taken by the Trump administration, including environmental actions.
- And then there’s that big one, which features the cancellation of the presidential permit for the Keystone XL pipeline.
Is anyone cringing yet? But wait, there’s more!
- Let’s start with federal student loans. No need to pay those back anymore. I’m sure this news will be a relief for those young ones who owe multiplied thousands. Never mind the zillions of older Americans who actually worked hard to pay back their student loans.
- Biden plans to withdraw Trump’s order on excluding noncitizens from the census count. (Joe’s a huge fan of swinging wide the gates for illegal immigrants to stay permanently.)
- An order to preserve the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program—which grants temporary immigration status to children brought to the U.S. illegally.
- Oh, and Joe also plans to rescind a Trump directive that gave the Department of Homeland Security a broader scope for detaining and deporting illegal aliens.
Other than unraveling pretty much everything we conservatives believe in, our new President didn’t get much done today. Kind of makes me wonder what tomorrow’s going to look like.